Brown Ltd. is advising clients to act on the following advice in 2010.
• Integrate Social Media Into Your Advertising
– Find Customers, Where They Are, Online
– Contact Your Repeat Customers (easier to keep than get): LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
– Prospect for New Customers Based on Your Best Customer Profiles: Groups in LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. I create “Personas” to help identify other customers that match your best customers.
– Create Content Once – Publish Many Places
– Use the One Campaign, One Message Technique and A/B Test: Don’t Sell – HELP!
– Use the Mixed Media in Multiple Channels That You KNOW Your Customers & Prospects Use
– Separate Landing Pages & 800 Numbers for Each Channel to Measure Results
– In Addition: Social Ad Networks Will Expand
Expect more momentum behind advertising that is targeted based on information from social network user profiles. News Corp.’s Fox Audience Network (FAN) and services from startups 33Across, Media6° and others are already up and running. Meanwhile, some advertisers, such as Discovery Channel, have tested ad formats that are personalized on the fly by using Facebook profile data.
• •Continue Search Engine Marketing and Target the Right Social Networking Sites and Groups in Those Sites.
I have 8 years experience setting up, writing, and managing small business and simple product campaigns ($100/week Google Adwords) and large business campaigns with multiple divisions and product lines (up to $20,000/week in Google Adwords – more than $1.1 billion in annual sales).
• News Release, News Release, News Release at Least Twice a Week. When you are successful at this, the press will come to you – the expert.
• Expand Your Content Marketing Strategy. Helpful Content is King and It Makes You the Expert in Your Field.
– Twitter is Expanding. Make Sure You Follow the Influencers and More Importantly, Get the Influencers to Follow You.
– Think Beyond the Desktop. Mobile is Moving Into the Mainsteam!
> Look to the 55+ Age Demographic for Internet Usage Increases. Does your product or service “fit” the 55+ market? Internet usage will continue to rise, as consumers find more ways to access the Internet. Plus they have CASH. The continuing proliferation of laptops, smartphones and Internet-enabled TVs, MP3 players and gaming consoles will be the main force behind this trend. Teens and young adults are already active Internet users with many devices. The change will be seen among adults ages 55 and older, many of whom have always had an interest in consumer electronics and now are discovering social networks and other media.
• Traditional Off-Line Media Must Have Online Measurement Components. Set Up Separate Landing Pages and 800 Numbers For Each Channel/Ad. Measurement Saves You Marketing Budget.
If you need help implementing this advice, contact me! mikebrown@BrownLtd.com